The Chinook Fund provides grants to charitable organizations that offer programs, services, education and support for and about the LGBTQ+ community. Groups must be aimed at promoting inclusiveness within Calgary.
Applications for 2020 grants are now being accepted. In 2020, the fund will award grant money of approximately $22,850.
To apply, click on “Apply for a Grant” in the menu. Please indicate if your request is COVID related.
The deadline for applications is September 15th, 2020.
If you have questions, please email: email@example.com
Past Grant Recipients
To see the previous grant recipients click on “Chinook Fund Grant Recipients”.
Funding is available to registered charitable organizations that create networking and community building among all people by providing information, education, resources, and / or counselling to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Calgarians; their parents, family, friends, and allies.
Decision-Making Criteria for Grants
The advisory committee will make a decision by October 15th. We will review the following areas:
- The ability to describe the project in a way that helps us to understand the impact you seek to
- Proposed results, impact and community benefit,
- Potential reach,
- Level of innovation, and
- The quality of the request.
Your Organizational Capacity
As part of the grant application review, the fund advisory committee will review your website, public documents, or other public references for the following information:
- Charitable status and number,
- Most up to date charitable report from CRA, including objects and expenditures,
- Evidence of board and staff stability,
- Evidence of sound reputation, community knowledge, and strategic planning,
- History of good community service and no legal concerns, and
- Risks described and mitigation steps in place.
If your fund has received a previous grant, you may apply again. Please give a 1 page letter, at some point prior to your new application describing the degree of achievement obtained by the project which received the grant. It could include:
- A report of the description of output and results from previous grants, along with
- The amount expended, and
- Communication of project/program and funders.